Thursday, October 18, 2012

All those that wander....



"All those that wander are not lost" has always been one of my favorite quotes. However, not until recently did it take on more of a personal meaning. Recently it came to my attention that there was some concern among friends and a few acquaintances in the lack of my "sticking to it" way of life. At first I actually gave it some creditable thought. Then upon further review with my trusted review panel of three "me, myself and I" along with a very supporting yummy glass of Cabernet...  I thought better of second guessing myself and my choices. Really -  I live a very colorful and vibrant life with everyday being chalk full of new and interesting "happenings". I have a privileged life that is filled with optimism, hope, creativity and a positive attitude - even when the odds have been stacked against me. Maybe it does seem to some that "I just can't seem to get it together", but the real truth is that there is a lot to learn from this life and some of the most difficult, challenging, and REWARDING jobs in life come from experiencing the variety of life itself and the unique experiences it has to offer.  That includes the good, the bad, and the ugly and trust me its generally not the path most traveled. So maybe at times I don't have it all together ALL AT ONCE, but at least I have the capacity to do more than one thing at a time. OK - I don't mean to come across as a "I can do all things better than you type of person", because we all know that is clearly not the case.

 I simply don't believe it is, or was my lot in life to just find a "job" and make it my goal to keep it forever just for the sake of appearances. Rather, it's my firm belief that as I look back on my whole life and the sadness and joys that I have been through that I am simply experiencing what you might consider "on the job training" for what is THE BEST IS YET TO COME. Trust me, this last week has all the signs of pointing to just that. 

I have no regrets, no "I wonder what ifs", just a choice in the here and now as to what adventure I am going to embark on next with all my experience and knowledge.  Rest assured though, it will be fantastic, and I of course will rock at it ;) Just saying - if you don't believe in yourself, how can you expect others too. 

I would rather spend any amount of time with that one person who is full of passion for what he or she does, believes in, or even DREAMS about and can be HONEST with me, than waste one second on a luke warm body with no real ambition who simply takes up space and tells me what they think I want to hear.

So to all my friends, that embrace my quirkiness, overlook my sometimes over enthusiastic outlook, and are TRULY loyal - I love you. Plain and simple.

So if you happen to see me out there "wandering", no worries friend, don't judge this book by its cover, I am simply living my life with eyes wide open and taking it all in ;)

Ciao ~ M


No comments: